3 Benefits of Assisted Living for Seniors
With so many senior living alternatives, it can be difficult to comprehend the benefits of each type of care.
With so many senior living alternatives, it can be difficult to comprehend the benefits of each type of care. The benefits of assisted living at the Mission at Agua Fria include a blend of compassionate care that assists elders with daily living activities and a lifestyle full of social events, wellness programs, and community outings designed to help seniors thrive.
The transition to senior living affects many facets of seniors’ lives so consider some of the important benefits of quality assisted living in Peoria, AZ.
Physical Benefits of Assisted Living
- Increase in physical activity. Staying active as we age can help seniors maintain their blood sugar levels, boost circulation, and possibly improve heart rates. Residents in assisted living facilities have access to a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, such as gardening, yoga, chair fitness sessions, and others.
- Assistance with everyday living activities. Assisted living helps or supports seniors with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and eating, but balance is important when it comes to the quantity of assistance each senior receives. It’s critical that elders maintain some independence and control over their lives and routines while also having access to the care they require. One of the primary benefits of assisted living is the ability to strike that balance.
- Improved nutrition. When it comes to meals and lunch, seniors need wonderful food and nutrition, but they also need a welcoming dining environment. Most assisted living facilities prepare three full meals every day for all residents. Our residents help develop our chef-driven and prepared menus at the Mission at Agua Fria, so our menu represents community members’ tastes and fits all of their dietary needs.
- Stress reduced. Assisted living decreases stress and can significantly improve seniors’ quality of life. Seniors enjoy a more social and independent living surrounded by peers while still receiving the care and support they require around the clock.
2. Families’ Benefits in Assisted Living
- Mindfulness. Whether the senior lives with them full-time or not, senior living circumstances can be stressful for any family. When a senior moves into assisted living, family members can be confident that their loved one is safe, eating well, socializing, and receiving the attention they require.
3. The Social Benefits of Assisted Living
- A vibrant social life. It’s not uncommon for seniors to become socially isolated as they age. Isolation in seniors can result in a variety of issues, such as depression, poor health, and limited mobility. Residents in assisted living become a part of a loving, supporting community surrounded by individuals their age. Residents participate in activities aimed at fostering social connection, such as arts and crafts and social hours. One of the most natural and compelling benefits of senior living is the opportunity to socialize with others.
- Transportation and trips are easily accessible. Many seniors lose the ability or desire to drive, making transportation and social activities difficult. Many assisted living complexes provide transportation, allowing seniors to travel on planned group outings or even just to the store or doctor’s office.
If you have more questions about the benefits of assisted living in Peoria, AZ, contact our community today.